I think these are normally called 'bliss balls', however as I'm not keen on the word bliss (just too Mills and Boon) and I suspect some uber health-nut wanker has 'tm'd' them I'm sticking with longer self-descriptive version.
These balls are easy to make and a good little protein snack before yoga or the gym. I don't actually have a recipe, it's kind of a 'what's in the cupboard' mix. For this post I'll just go with the last batch I made.
- Chop up three types of nuts, about a half cup of each and add to a big bowl
- Chop up the sunflower seeds and add to the mix
- Chop up a half cup of rolled oats and add to the mix
- Add a quarter cup of chia
- Add a heaped tablespoon of soft butter and rub though with your fingers
- Add spice and vanilla at will!
- Add a good dollop of honey
- Chop up about four figs and five pieces of ginger and add to the mix
- Stir in two heaped tablespoons of dutch cocoa and stir
- The consistency should be a bit sticky - see if you can roll a ball that will stay together - if no - add some olive oil until you get the right consistency
- Roll in to balls and refrigerate!
|Sybil - supervising the kitchen.|
|Sunflower seeds, you know you love them.|
|Nutmeg and cinnamon ... heaps of it.|
|Use the nice sun-dried figs and they don't have any preservatives.|
|Use the good shit.|
|Not yet sticky enough ... calls for more olive oil|
|Mmmm, the balls, they are finished!|